I was recently tagged by Dana of Proof of the Pudding AND Jamie of Good Eats ‘n Sweet Treats to write 5 random things about me. I usually don’t participate in these things but I just adore their blogs so much that I couldn’t resist. So, here goes.
1. I hate the sound of chewing. I know, that’s ridiculous for someone who loves food so much, and I don’t understand it myself either. It won’t be all the time. It’s a random hatred, like, if I already have a headache and then Jim and I are eating dinner, I’ve been known to actually get angry with him. For chewing. Good thing he’s a doll and just laughs at my craziness.
2. I am The Worst Person in the World when it comes to keeping up relationships. I love my friends and family dearly and I’m so happy that they will put up with me calling or seeing them about once every 3 months, acting as if I hang with them everyday and making promises to call everyday thereafter. And then never doing it. I don’t know why. Maybe I’m anti-social.
3. I watch America’s Next Top Model. Way too much.
4. Jim wrote a book, Leaving Dirty Jersey, that’s about his time shooting up crystal meth and heroine and doing god-awful things that no girlfriend wants to hear about. It was reviewed in the New York Times. People ask me quite often how I handle knowing all that bad stuff, in exacting detail, about my boyfriend. Truth is, I really don’t care. I was with him during the writing (not the experiencing) of his memoir—we had just begun dating—and while I can’t say some of it wasn’t stomach-turning, it never made me look at him differently. Never would. He’s my Jimmy. People also always ask me what would I do if he started using again. I think the answer is quite simple, actually. I’d hit him on the head with a large metal bat.
5. I use one of these everyday. It works.
Also, I’m happy to say, Judy from No Fear Entertaining awarded me this: THANK YOU JUDY!! Judy’s blog is wonderful—she has all the kinds of dishes that I love and I’m also in love with her compost bin! 😀 Check her out!
I want to pass this award on to some awesome blogs that I read all the time, you guys are great!
Melissa at Alosha’s Kitchen is a new(ish) blogger that I’ve been reading since she started up. Get there to check her out quick because she has the most decadent, mouthwatering V-Day dinner I’ve ever seen!
Dave at LunaPierCook is always quick to leave hilarious comments on my posts and his blog is similarly a wonderful read. He’s also quick to help if you have any blogger problems—a real foodblog hero!
Francie at Ramblings of a Frantic Home Cook is absolutely hilarious. Her posts are laugh-out-loud funny and her pictures are as cute as can be, with lots of cartoon fonts pointing out the goodness in her dishes. I’m also in lover with her header.
Dani from Average Cook is always there to give me great recipes, a lot of them healthy AND delicious. She’s a fellow New Jersey-ite and, come to think of it, we better meet up for lunch someday! 😀